Search this blog

Friday, August 26, 2011

Tete`-a-tete´ with the Guitar Master

I always wanted to play music instruments.  To name few, I tried learning guitar, piano and banduria.  It is somewhat frustrating because I'm quite bad at it.  But anyway, I now have a new craze - The Uke!   I've visited a guitar store in Cebu and met kuya Ronnie, an expert in guitar making and also happen to be the 3rd Generation owner and designer of Guitar Master store located in Lapu-lapu City.

I was looking for a good quality ukelele that will also fit my budget and apparently a friend, Claufen, endorsed the Guitar Master.  They are exporting the finest quality ukelele to Hawaii and other parts of the world.   Cebu is Known with its world-class quality guitars, and one place that you must not miss to visit in Cebu is their Guitar Factories.

Kuya Ronnie imparts interesting information about the instruments they are selling, not to sell but to share his passion and knowledge, to every clients. I learned from him, the three types of ukelele: 

Soprano- The most popularly owned ukelele.  Soprano is the smallest type and it produces a tinny sound most recognizably associated with ukelele. (This one I want to own)

Concert- Slightly larger than the soprano and usually has 15-20 frets.  It has slightly fuller sound than the soprano, perfect for small gigs.

Tenor- This one is slightly larger than the concert size and typically produces greater volume and tone than the smaller size.  A choice for performing soloists. 

Here I'm holding a Concert Ukelele.  Beside me is kuya Ronnie and Claufen is the one holding the guitar. Guitar Master will definitely not giving you an item that has not passed their quality standard. For more information, please visit this link : http://cebuguitarmaster.com/




"Somewhere Over The Rainbow" by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole .  He was using tenor ukelele.



Kala KA-S Mahogany Soprano Ukulele Starter Pack with Club EntryOscar Schmidt OU5 Concert UkuleleCordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Ukulele





No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments empower me! What are you waiting for? ;)