Search this blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

So Much to Do, So Little Time

“Uncluttering…” was my status on YM and Facebook for today.  Upon noticing it, a friend sent a chat message to me “uncluttering?”.  

Oh, yes! This is a day of hard work and a huge determination just to manage to remove, or at least, lessen the accumulated chaos in my room. While doing this, my mind is fighting my tendency to procrastinate (the reason for all the clutter and unfinished goals). “You have to do this!”. “Focus!”.  Whew! Now I am done in the first phase of this project.  The best feeling of accomplishing something and that I am on my way to accomplishing more.  

What led me to do this? Yesterday, I had a chat conversation with a friend about the “time management” problem of a common friend.  The objective: we wanted to help him. I am very much tempted to divulge more details but I better not. The bottom line is, I realize, while we were in the middle of brainstorming, is that I have to do something with “my own” time management problem!  I was thinking too much of how will I be able to achieve my goals if I seem to be always busy, yet unaccomplished.  However, then, I grasp the answer. It is only a matter of time management. 

Instead of spending my time justifying why I have not done achieving my goals, why not spend that period thinking on “how I will manage my time in order to succeed?”

This is just the beginning. Move it!

Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity    Successful Time Management For Dummies



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments empower me! What are you waiting for? ;)