Search this blog

Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Thoughts on Facebook Issues

I just can't help my mind process all about FB Issues for days now and I felt the need to note down.  Last Month I deactivated my account, then the realization comes that I still need it in creating traffic for my blog and sites. So, after peeking from time to time, finally I activated it again and turned the setting from stalker-friendly to not-stalker friendly J

"Don't build your personality..... on Facebook", I remember once it was posted on my brother's FB wall.  He's smart enough to understand that what usually seen on our friend's wall aren't all true.  We're like creating a pseudo-environment for which we can "project" anything we wanted the world to see or our friends to believe about us. 

Sure.  Somehow there is truth, but how much of the truth? Let's say it's totally the truth. What must be your reason for posting it?  I take note of my other brother’s simple comments on what I post on my wall even on my display picture. The simple comment “ano yan?”(what is that?) “bakit?”(why) “totoo ba yan, o arte lang?”(is it true or your just creating drama?) “para saan?” (for what?) I usually just stare in respond then silently ask myself the same question and realize, yeah what this is for?  Not really necessary to tell the world, no matter how true the issue is,  and it’s  just a waste of time for me and somehow will also waste the time of my friends who will comment, like or dislike (if click button is available).

People tend to exaggerate the amount of the situation in their lives and it creates—DRAMA.  FB is a good platform for this, now posting your personal issues attracts attention and the sweetest—SYMPATHY.  Let’s talk about ANGER, FRUSTRATION, and DISTASTE.... all of these negative emotions that you don’t want to bottle up finds the easiest release and vengeance on FB, of course to other Social networking sites you have an account too.  Somehow, you can measure how your personal thoughts impact to our “active” FB friends. It makes you feel good, right? But, what’s good for you is not necessarily good for others too.    

'til next.


The Church of Facebook: What Digging Around the Social Networking Site Reveals about the Human Heart  Time May 31 2010 Facebook and How It's Redefining Privacy, Coconut Water Hangover Cure  Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day

2 comments:

  1. So true. I agree with you. Don't let it get you down though. I have a couple of so-called friends mocking me on FB but are saccharine sweet when we see each other face to face. In time you learn not to take their posts personally, and you learn to value other people's friendship, maturity and personal integrity even more. Best of luck to you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments empower me! What are you waiting for? ;)